A glimpse of the creation of Jenner Park: For the people, by the peoplePosted: November 16, 2014
The Barry Association Club :
“A Host of Voluntary Workers”
South Wales Daily News
Saturday 30 August 1913
When the new Barry Association Football Club ground is opened a revelation will be made.
The playing pitch is level and the turf is in a healthy state. The amphitheatre-shape of the field and the erection of the dressing rooms and stands and other conveniences display the remarkable activity of the club officials, who have Mr. C B Griffiths at their head and Mr T H Hill as president of the Supporters’ Club.
A remarkable fact connected with the task is that artisans have been going their work free of cost, whilst the cost of the dressing rooms and a large proportion of the stands has been paid by means of two handsome donations. The Supporters’ Club have also provided the goal-posts, nets, and other necessary material.
It is no common occurrence to see masons, printers, carpenters, and dock labourers devoting their leisure hours to the service of the club, and this element augers well for the future.